Dr. Harold E. Schaden founded the practice in 1942 and opened the Opossum Pike Veterinary Clinic in 1963. In 1978, Dr. Michael Schaden bought the hospital from his father and the hospital became a member of the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA). This designation is given only to hospitals meeting stringent requirements for physical facilities and professional services offered. Our satellite office, Thurmont Veterinary Clinic, was opened in 1982. The Opossum Pike Veterinary Clinic was renovated and expanded in 1987. Long-time associate doctors, Rebecca Arthur, Barbara Stastny and Emily Yau, bought the practice in January 2015. What started as a one-doctor office in 1942 has grown into a multi-doctor hospital with modern diagnostic and treatment facilities. We will continue to grow in the future to meet the needs of our patients and their owners.
Emergency services are available to our regular clients and patients.